Volunteerism is the foundation of Food For All DC and is an expression of the belief that society thrives through mutual respect and heart-centered action.
Right now we are looking for volunteer drivers (with your own car) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings. We also need a volunteer Executive Assistant to work with our Director, Peter. Please email email@example.com for more information.
There are no opportunities for groups at this time.
We do our best to get as many drivers as we need and not more than we need. It’s an imperfect system — some people who sign up don’t come, some people who don’t sign up do come. Occasionally, we have to turn away one or a few drivers . Please know what when that happens, you showing up was not a waste! We never know when we’ll be a few people short. Thank you for understanding, and please do come back the next Saturday!
Meantime, for the best chance to drive, arrive between 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
All volunteers 18 and over must register and sign a waiver (once only).
Saturday Driver Instructions
- Time: arrive between 8:45-9:00 am
- Location: 1810 16th St NW – REAR OF BUILDING (alley off S Street)
- Pull into the alley (follow traffic management diagram below)
- PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR
- Masks are required
- We will give you instructions and a delivery route, then load your car with grocery bags
- Kids and under 18’s welcome with parents
- Expect deliveries to take up to 2hrs (sometimes less)
- COVID safety reminder: Due to Omicron, we’re asking everyone to be even more vigilant than usual. If you don’t feel well, stay home. Please wear a mask and stay in your car during your pickup. Wear a mask when you deliver to people’s homes. If you haven’t yet, please consider switching over to an N95 or KN95 mask, which do a better job of protecting you and the people around you.