Volunteerism is the foundation of Food For All DC and is an expression of the belief that society thrives through mutual respect and heart-centered action.
We only have driving opportunities (with your own car) on Thursday, Friday or Saturday mornings.
We do our best to get as many drivers as we need and not more than we need. It’s an imperfect system — some people who sign up don’t come, some people who don’t sign up do come. Occasionally, we have to turn away one or a few drivers . Please know what when that happens, you showing up was not a waste! We never know when we’ll be a few people short. Thank you for understanding, and please do come back the next Saturday!
Meantime, for the best chance to drive on Saturdays, arrive between 8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
All first-time volunteers 18 and over must register and sign a waiver (once only).
Saturday Driver Instructions
- Time: please arrive between 8:45-9:00 am
- Location: 1810 16th St NW – REAR OF BUILDING (alley off S Street)
- Pull into the alley (follow traffic management diagram below)
- Please stay in your car
- We will give you instructions and a delivery route, then load your car with grocery bags
- Kids and under 18 welcome with parents
- Expect deliveries to take up to 2 hours (sometimes less)
- COVID safety reminder: Yep, still doing it. If you don’t feel well, stay home. Please wear a mask and stay in your car during your pickup. Wear a mask when you deliver to people’s homes.